This is a quick guide to show you how to connect your vRA 7+ environment with your NSX 6.2+ environment. It assumes you already have vRA and NSX fully installed, and now you just need to connect the two together so that you can start using the Network & Security constructs in your vRA blueprints.
OK, so assuming your vRA and NSX environments are both ready to go, let’s start connecting them!
- First, we’ll need to update our vCenter Endpoint in vRA to include our NSX Manager. In vRA, browse to the Infrastructure tab > Endpoints > Endpoints.
- Then drill into your vCenter endpoint, and add your NSX Manager URL and credentials.
- Next, make sure you have an Endpoint defined for your vRO instance. Double check that it is functional by hovering over it and choosing Data Collection.
- Finally, update your vRA Reservations to include your NSX Transport Zone.
- And don’t forget, when you create your new blueprints, be sure to specify your NSX Transport Zone.
- Congratulations – you should now be able to drag-and-drop NSX constructs into our vRA blueprints! Go ahead and give it a whirl…